Allen County Small Claims Local Rules

Family law arbitration is permitted under Indiana Code 34-57-5 and Indiana Code 33-38-1. In arbitration, the rules of judicial procedure are relaxed and the parties present their cases in a less formal manner. Arbitrators have more flexibility than judges when it comes to asking questions and moving cases forward. This allows self-represented parties to have a more satisfying and less frustrating experience when they go to court for their family law disagreements. You can check the completeness of your documents by checking signatures, notarial certifications, the correct county name and the correct case number. You can provide general information about court rules, procedures and practices. Provide you with a telephone number of local lawyer reference services. The Allen County Bar Association (« ACBA ») serves the needs of the local legal community and the public with respect to legal matters. Do not hesitate to contact them for help. Its office is located at 924 S.

Calhoun, Fort Wayne, Indiana 46802. Its telephone number is (260) 423-2358 and its fax number is (260) 423-1440. Your website is The Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) arbitration form used in these cases generally meets the mediation requirement contained in local rules. The exception to this rule are cases of non-compliance in which one party complains that the other party is violating a parenting time policy. In these cases, the court usually orders that mediation take place (as required by Indiana`s parenting time guidelines) before arbitration is scheduled. In these contempt cases, the court usually issues a mediation program order establishing mediation on the court`s quarterly mediation day, during which most of the costs of mediation are paid from the Allen Circuit Court`s ADR fund. A free copy of Indiana`s Parenting Time Guidelines is available at Allen Circuit Court, Room 308 of the Allen County Courthouse. An electronic version is also available on the Indiana Supreme Court website, Their office hours are Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Your phone number is (260) 423-2358. Please call for a bank transfer; No walk-in appointments are accepted. Personal service by the sheriff: You can pay a fee to the court clerk so that the sheriff can hand over your records to the other party. A proof of service form is completed by the person handing over the documents, which are then submitted to the court. Talk to the court clerk about the fees for this option. You can also access « Standard Court Forms » under the heading « Representation before the Courts ». Some forms available include forms for divorce, child support, name change and protection orders. When you contact the ACBA Lawyer Referral Service, qualified staff will help you assess your situation. If you then need a lawyer, you will be referred to a lawyer who works in this area of law. Visit

This is the website of the Indiana Supreme Court and as you explore the site, you will find a multitude of documents and search forms. Do you have a legal question? Not sure if you need to hire a lawyer? Then use Legal Line. You can speak to a lawyer for free every Tuesday evening from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm by calling (260) 423-2358. If your legal issue cannot be resolved, the lawyer can refer you to the ACBA Lawyer Reference Service. In addition, communication with one party must take place in the presence of all other opposing parties. There can be no private and one-sided conversations with a bailiff. This is called the ban on ex parte notifications. While library staff cannot provide legal advice, the Business and Technology section may provide research materials in book form that will provide you with the information you need to prepare your legal document. You can provide the Indiana Code and the Indiana Rules of Justice, which will give you information about legal proceedings and legal requirements. You should look at both the state`s local rules and Allen counties.

You can provide information from the file, including information about the date of your next hearing. Indiana Legal Services practices family law (with precedence for divorce cases involving domestic violence); Housing (eviction, landlord/tenant issues, subsidized housing, foreclosure, etc.); public benefits (Medicaid, food stamps, TANF, social security, unemployment insurance, etc.); consumers (debt collection, loans, vehicles, guarantees, taxes, etc.); immigration; and other civil law issues. It is your responsibility to ensure that the other party receives a copy of your submissions. If the other party does not appear at the hearing on your application, the court will not be able to proceed unless it has evidence that the other party has received a copy of your application. Please check the following methods to obtain proof of service to avoid a delay in your case. Consult them to find out whether or not to take your case to court or give an opinion on what will happen if you take your case to court. You can get an opinion card outside room 311 of the Allen County Courthouse. Fill out the opinion card and drop it off in the mailbox outside room 311 of the Allen County Courthouse. Justice Davis and the Allen Circuit Court management team always welcome constructive comments, comments and opinions from the public. If your case number begins with another third-party court name, such as « 02D, » you should consult the Allen Superior Court calendar.

Your case is not before the Circuit Court. When each party contacts the court planner for arbitration, the court planner provides the parties with a brief written introduction to the family law arbitration and gives them the arbitration agreement (« Agreement »). The parties must read the agreement and sign the agreement if they request arbitration. If both parties do not sign the agreement, the arbitrator will begin the hearing by seeking the consent of the parties. VLP cannot help with: relocation, criminal cases, emergencies, CHINS cases, driver`s licenses or speeding tickets, inmates, cost-generating cases (bodily injury), cases where a hearing is scheduled within the next thirty (30) days, cases against the judicial or criminal justice system or a government agency, and cases filed in other pro bono districts or other states. To be eligible for its services, a person must have an income of up to 125% of the federal poverty guidelines, with exceptions in certain circumstances. Sign an order or amend an order signed by the judge(s). Not all VLP support claimants are referred to a lawyer for direct representation.

Some people may be accepted into one of our other programs. Other cases may not be placed because we simply cannot find a lawyer to help us, or because there is nothing a lawyer can do to resolve the issue. You can explain and respond to how the Allen Circuit Court works. ACBA does not accept walk-in clients for lawyer referrals or other matters. At the end of each arbitration, the arbitrator reviews the facts of the case and the law and begins working on the findings and conclusions proposed by the arbitrator to the tribunal within five (5) business days of the arbitration. Once these written submissions have been submitted to the court, the court renders the judgment and communicates the outcome of the arbitration to the parties. They practice the areas of owner/tenant, undisputed custody/visit, undisputed family allowances, bankruptcy, wills/estates, discrimination, housing/foreclosure, guardianship, immigration, consumers/debts, ISS/SSDs and tax controversies. At the top of the main page, you will find a menu entitled « Information for… » Click on the word « Public. » You will be redirected to the « Information for Members of the Public » website. If you scroll down the page, you will find information on « Getting Legal Aid », » « Representing You in Court », « General Information » (including the Indiana Rules of Justice and the Indiana Code) and other topics of interest. A non-refundable fee of $40.00 is required for most references for a consultation of up to half an hour.